Sunday, December 27, 2009

Maggie Gyllenhaal style sense


I have always loved Maggie G. since I saw her in the very dark comedy The Secretary. She has such a quirky sense of style. See the next two slides for her latest take on fashion. She is always changing, yet always seems to remain the same. She is one person who I think of as timeless. Age is not a factor here, she just 'is'!

Pulse by Karin Nelson - The New York Times > Fashion & Style > Slide Show > Slide 1 of 8: "MAGGIE GYLLENHAAL, actress and star of the new film “Crazy Heart.”WHAT I’M WEARING NOW A vintage Yves Saint Laurent dress from Rare Vintage and Rachel Comey boots. I was looking for something short. I don’t wear short — I usually wear more ’40s-length dresses. But I had to go to a work party in L.A. I hadn’t been to L.A. in so long, and there were all these girls in sequin miniskirts and I thought, ‘Am I allowed to wear that?’ I’m still not sure. I bought a taller pair of these Rachel Comey boots last year and I haven’t taken them off. So this year, I bought the shorter ones, in black, too. I’m not a high-heel girl. I’ve just never felt comfortable in them. I’m way more adventurous with my clothing than with my shoes."

No comments:

Post a Comment