Wednesday, January 27, 2010

jean talk


Today I stumbled across Hello Skinny Jeans, greatly touted by the Oprah Show and others. So I called around, since I am in the market for a new pair of jeans and went to try a pair on. OMG, I have very thin thighs and they were really tight on me. I didn't feel I needed to pay $200 for a pair of jeans like that, so I bought the J Brand jeans. They have a little stretch in them and seem very comfortable, yes, for $150. I think we can probably get them at TJ's or Marshall's but it was such a luxury having the girls in the shop go get them for me. At age 61 that's a luxury, rather, than sifting, trying, sifting, trying, etc.

8 comments:

  1. Hi Maryanne! I discovered that if you wear skinny jeans with heels, you can look even skinnier!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Claudia, These jeans were crazy skinny. If Oprah wears them, I have no clue how?? Have you ever tried them on? Anyway, yes, lengthen, lengthen, lengthen!! Love the look!

    ReplyDelete
  3. M~
    I was in concord center yesterday and popped into French lessons. They are having a 70% off sale, even on some jeans, skinny ones too, which look horrendous on me. I found a pair of Citizens I love that I got for $46.00. A steal!! They have j-brand too, you may want to stop in before you cut the tags off of your new $150.00 ones!
    K

    ReplyDelete
  4. The concept is tempting but I have hips that were great for birthing but - oh yeah - butt is out there and am afraid I'd look very top heavy - kind of like a double scoop ice cream cone. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need talls for the body length as well as leg, otherwise I end up having a permanent wedgie. The only ones that fit me that I've found are Liz Claiborne tall and Eddie Bauer tall (tho EB legs are too long at 35 in inseam). anyone with long body have suggestions?
    Kathy
    ps bought 2 pair of Wolford tights and I love them

    ReplyDelete
  6. K, bought them and wore them, but I can always buy a second pair! Need to update the wardrobe with some new blood!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Concrete, glad you love the Wolford's. I still have mine and have not worn them yet b/c they are so dressy!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Groovy, Jean trousers are the key for you. Everyone wears them, including me. Try them!

    ReplyDelete