Sunday, June 20, 2010

A note on jeans

Since I was in NY this week, I had a hawkeye out on the fashions of the city. Just as last year in Rome, no jeans, again, very little jean sightings in NY. Basically seen on clueless tourists. The women seem to be mixing it up. One of my favorite people watching places is the Saks designer shoe department. There we can see some subtle fashion messages. Nothing outlandish, just well kept women of all ages doing their thing. One young woman had a beige loose top on with harem style (in a good way) slim cotton pants, good shoes and hair twisted loosely and pinned with a glittery pin. Gorgeous!!! I want those pants!

Anyway, the point being, I tell myself, don't be afraid to break out of the norm with the pencil style pant and go into something slightly different.

No comments:

Post a Comment