Thursday, July 15, 2010

Black & Whites


There is nothing more refreshing than seeing large architectural scenes in black & white. Instead of gathering your small art to display, try some large poster size black & whites. They will give a cool, clean look to the space. Try multiples like three in a row, and nothing else on the walls in the room. The smaller the room, the bigger the impact. Personally, I love art with an angle like the one above. To me, it's more interesting than a photo shot head on. Just me!

5 comments:

  1. Hi Maryanne! Me too! I have architectural black & whites of pictures we've actually taken (London's Big Ben, charming alley in Barcelona, skyscrapers in Hong Kong) in a row. I also have a black & white of my cat, who passed several years ago, which I think is a nice way to honor pets without looking too creepy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that! I have one of the Eiffel Tower that looks a lot like this one that I took on one side of an arch and another on the other side balancing it. I love my dog photos too, they are framed in a smaller space...my loves!! How did you frame them and was it a fortune?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was a while ago and I blew the photo to 11x14 and framed it with a white border to make the overall piece look bigger (because it was too expensive to blow it up even bigger). But it's funny, I saw this article on NYTimes today: http://www.nytimes.com/2010/07/15/technology/personaltech/15basics.html?src=me&ref=homepage

    and I love the stretched canvas idea, and the prices are cheap (at least cheaper than blowing it up at a photo store and buying a frame, and definitely cheaper than buying canvas artwork!) Hmmm... I am considering replacing my wall decor now... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Claudia, I had my photo blown up poster size at CVS and it wasn't expensive at all. Expensive part is the framing.

    ReplyDelete