Thursday, July 22, 2010

Facebook, Twitter, and Texting for Boomers

Ok everyone out there, I resisted for a long time, but the time has come for us all to join the 21st century. I thought oh Facebook, what do I have to say. Well, not that much, but FB is the very best tool for us to share photos. Honestly, gulp, not everyone wants to go through our Snapfish photos of the last 85 shots of Christmas showcasing our distant relatives. But what we do want to do is see one or two. And guess what, the viewer gets to choose. Just log on to FB when we have a moment and check out what's going on with our friends. The security options are there, if you don't want 'so and so' to see what you're doing. Try it you'll like it.

Next, Twitter, honestly I don't get that, b/c I don't have anything earth shattering to say EVER, but I'm going to work on Twitter. Have to keep up with the rest of the world.

Texting. I just got a new phone after oh I don't know 8 years or so, and boy has life changed. When I want to say something, text! I don't know about you all, but for me the days of the long winded phone calls are just so over. And I don't get myself into nearly as much trouble. (smiley face) Please, learn how to text. It's a must. It's not just for the 30 somethings it's for everyone. Listen, my 84 year old uncle in law texted with his 90 year old brother for the last two years. I think it's safe to say, if they can do it, we can do it. If you need some help maybe they can help you! You know you can, just open yourself up to change. Change is good. Change is liberating. C U LTR!

No comments:

Post a Comment