Monday, July 5, 2010

Maine!


I love the 4th in Maine, it so old fashioned American apple pie. Mainers seem to appreciate the simple things in life and don't give a dang who knows it. Weddings on the beach, a campfire on the beach, town fireworks, wild blueberry pie, fresh lobster and clams, a retired US President. Wherever I am in Maine, it's like I am watching a play in session. The people and the venue....it's the best of all worlds, I guess just like every other state in the union, but for some reason I keep coming back to Maine, it's a love! The people are a gentle mix of shopkeepers, heads of industry, fisherman, Vietnam vets, families with dogs,bikers, vintage car drivers, and the old guard. And the fashions! Oh my, we won't go there! Just enjoy the simplicity and tenacity of it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment