Monday, September 6, 2010

Kitchen Witch


I remember in the 70's I would have done anything for a kitchen witch, you know, the witches that would hang in your kitchen and everyone had one. This weekend we were in your typical resort community with gift stores galore, and you know what, I'm done....with kitchen witches, tshirts, handmade crafts (so bad) and all of it. Honestly I don't know how these places stay in business, they are so droll, but they do, year after year, I see the same stores and the same things. So it makes me happy to be at the juncture where I say, ok, I can buy this, ok I don't want it. Guess you want what you can't have, correct? Remember the pet rocks? People will buy anything!

2 comments:

  1. Have you seen the TV show "Hoarders"? These people accumulate so much junk and can't bear to part with it. I go into a cleaning fit every time I watch it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG I was just watching it yesterday, I agree. Yes, throw out throw out throw out!! I really 'try' to take out 12 things per week, clothes, junk etc. although I don't always succeed. It can get really crazy. Love that show!!

    ReplyDelete