Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Homemade Pumpkin Pie Anyone?


Each and every year I made a pumpkin pie. One or two people imbibe then I am left with it for the rest of the week to snack on, as it gets drier and drier. This year, the Food Network inspired me. I think I made this recipe up, but I'm am sure there is one like it if you search.

Pumpkin Pie in a Mug

Make the pumpkin filling according to the can directions like you are making a pie.
Pour in a baking dish (without the crust) and bake according to directions on can like you are making a pie.
Let cool a bit.

Layer the pumpkin mixture into a mug or a fancy glass or whatever. Layer with whipped cream and crushed ginger cookies and finish with whipped cream or however you want. Yummy! I have never seen pumpkin pie disappear so fast! Shown here is a parfait glass, but a newer version would be in a mug.

No comments:

Post a Comment