Friday, February 1, 2013

Knick Knacks

On weekends, I make it a point to hit an estate sale or two in my area.  What do I need, really nothing, but I love to poke and look at the surroundings and dream about what the persons life is/was.  And sometimes, pick up some Frette pillowcases for $1 or $2.  Yes, I need those, and I am even willing to iron them each week.  Believe it or not, it's fun!  So anyhow, I peruse sites online such as estatesales.org and take a look at what is offered before I head out.  Today I was looking at one that was filled to the brim with knick knacks/objects d'art/dust collectors/whatever.  Just horrible.  Conversation with self before I enter a sale, 'no knick knacks', no matter how cool.  Well, maybe some horns are ok, but nothing else.  I was there once.  One thing from each trip we made for the last 40 years X 3 - that's a lot of 'things' to be strewn around.

http://estatesales.org/newton-ma-estate-sales/newton-estate-sale-old-newton-ma-240202

No comments:

Post a Comment