Monday, February 10, 2014

50 Years Ago The Beatles



If you are of a certain age, and I am, you certainly remember the first time you saw The Beatles on The Ed Sullivan Show.  I was 15.  I remember being in our living room with my Mother who was watching my antics and smiling while I hysterically jumped around and said, 'look Mom, George is looking at me'!  He was my favorite Beatle.  It was a time when America was mourning the loss of our young President and ready for something to bolster us.  And bolster us they did!

Think about it.  Do you remember where you were and how you felt?  I was feeling just a bit jealous when they came back the next time.  My best friend from high school got to go!

The 60's, to me, was the absolutely coolest decade so far.  Is that because I grew up then?  Does everyone feel that way about 'their' decade?  Well, if they do they're wrong.  Just wrong.

http://popwatch.ew.com/2014/02/09/the-beatles-gave-birth-to-a-new-world/

No comments:

Post a Comment