Friday, October 17, 2014

Skirt Length Redux

For years the skirts just kept getting shorter and shorter.  Now that fall has arrived I smell a change in the air.  They are longer.  Knee length is where I want to be on my skirts.  They are here in the stores...thankfully.  One of the most trendy stores is Zara, and they are loaded with knee length and longer.  Shorter too.  Nothing worse than a 65 year old strutting around in a mini....it's just wrong.


On a personal note, it makes me laugh when I ask salespeople about where a pleated knee length skirt might be or if they carry it.  They want to send me to Brooks Bros.  Nothing against BB but really?  I was so happy to see a knee length Theory pleated skirt (not in my size, dang) in Nordy's Rack and a pleated long skirt in Zara.

So there, salespeople.

1 comment:

  1. I too am glad to see longer skirts. Even so called knee length were too short because of my leg length.
    I saw a woman at the local hospital food court once who must have been at least 80 wearing a very short mini (half way up her thighs). Totally silly looking. I don't know what she was thinking. It was a good warning to me to be careful in the future.
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete