Friday, December 5, 2014

Count Thy Blessings!

During the holiday season, since I work downtown, I especially see the suffering of our fellow humans.  Sleeping in a box in the cold, no food.  We say it's their choice, they could go to a shelter, but nonetheless it's a sad sight.




Being in the upper third of my life, I have to say I have seen enough suffering of my fellow friends and family to make my hair turn gray.  Yet again.  Friends that have grown up challenged children who will never be independent. Friends that have chronically very sick grown up children.  Friends that have husbands who have lost jobs.  And friends and family caring for a dying spouse.  It's not fair that these people get it all and I can't share some of it with them.  But it's the way it is.  It's life.




We all have our challenges, and I believe we ALL get them at one time or another....something, somewhere, sometime.  Young, middle aged or old.  Every day when I think of the examples in my life of these brave, strong and uncomplaining women, I want to drop to my knees and thank God for the wonderful life he has afforded me.  So far.
.


Happy holidays everyone.  Enjoy them.







No comments:

Post a Comment