Friday, December 19, 2014

Honestly I Thought it was Just Me!

I mistakenly assumed that since I am a bit older, wiser and not so happy to just jump into any social situation anymore, it was just I that hemmed and hawed at each and every hint of an invite.  But apparently it is not.  It is our new culture.  No one wants to commit!  It's amazing.  In the old days I would be more than happy to get out of the house and commiserate with friends.. now it's a lot harder for me mentally.  Is it because I have my little quirks now?  Such as I go to bed early, I have my glass(es) of wine, I like to watch certain tv shows and I don't like to Tivo them?  I like to get in my pj's and lay on the couch and cuddle with my dog.  Well, what if I commit and then I don't feel like committing at the last minute.  I hate being rude and calling at the last minute is just not an option for me.  Yes, that's rude plain and simple.  I'd rather not commit and it's what this whole article is about...Anyway, it's a whole other world out there everyone...RSVP no more.  Hm, thought it was just me!


http://www.nytimes.com/2010/03/15/opinion/15cooper.html?_r=0

No comments:

Post a Comment