Sunday, December 14, 2014

Love this Lady!


I happened upon this quote in The NYT just now.  It's about aging and how to behave during aging.  I completely agree with her.  I try to accept my children for who they are and what they want to do, not my old fashioned thoughts of how one should live their lives.  They will do what they want anyway, and yes us to death so we just might as well relax and join the party!
 
"I am 95, and my mind is still functioning, I have an excellent memory, and a great family and friends — all of whom are one, two or three generations younger than I.
I am content, but not happy. I miss my husband and the many friends of my generation. What I have learned is to leave my children and grandchildren to find their own way, even if it is not my way. Love them and accept them. Get along with everyone and don’t be critical. There are many ways to live, and who is to say what is right and what is wrong? Certainly not I."
BEVERLY BORTIN
Walnut Creek, Calif., Dec. 5, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment