Friday, May 8, 2015

Mother's Day is Dumb

Mother's Day has always been a thorn in my side.  Along with Valentine's Day and all the other 'holiday's' aside from Christmas and Thanksgiving.  Being the pragmatist that I am, I absolutely abhor the thought of either of my adult sons running out and buying me flowers.  If my granddaughter would like to draw me a card, fine, I would love that.

Images of crowded brunches with bad food, droopy flowers and overrated expectations just bring back crazy memories.  Please, I am secure in the knowledge that my children love me.  I do not need an $8.00 card to prove it.

At this stage of life everyday is Mother's Day. These days, I have a great relationship with my sons and that's all I really need.  But trust me there have been times...well, that's history.


Those days, see below.

Ps... THOSE days...mom deserves a medal forget everything else...see below.



No comments:

Post a Comment