Friday, July 24, 2015

Too formfitting/Too Tight/Too Bare

It took till now to completely understand the term 'mother of the bride' dress.  I have been looking for something to wear to a wedding and am completely baffled.  I remember in the 80's when I was modeling the ladies would look at what I was wearing and say 'it looks good on you, but can't you show us something for us'?  Well, I have hit that wall.  Looking through the stores is fruitless.  Now I have been looking online (btw, Bloomingdale's is having a great sale) and am just ordering willy nilly.  This is what I've come up with so far.  Remember, no black/no white.  Does anybody else hate trying on at the store?

Adrianna Pappel





Above covers just about all the marks.  Plus it has ruching in the front, which may be a good thing.





Lauren







This one is a maybe.  The lace has stretch...gotta be able to sit in it.  I sit so well.





Adrianna Pappel




I love this floral dress, unfortunately not available in my size.










Diane Von Furstenberg


And just for the heck of it, this is good to have on hand...when the price is right.  And it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment