Thursday, August 27, 2015

Sephora



Sephora is a very modern way to shop for cosmetics and skin care.  Here are the reasons I love Sephora:

  • None of the salespeople are on commission.  Hence, they don't push any particular line.  That's a good thing.
  • If you are interested in a new product, the salesperson will sample it for you.
  • There is a touchscreen in every store for customers to key in what the issues are, and find a compatible product along with customer reviews.  Huge.  Meaning we don't have to depend on the salesperson's knowledge or lack thereof.  Consider me, for instance, going in with 66 year old Irish/German dry skin with sunspots chatting with a twenty year old whatever the background.  Does not fit.  Look on the touchscreen.
  • Try their Sephora favorites.  There is a reason they are in a special section, and it is because they are their bestsellers.  For a reason.
  • Try to veer away from your old standbys.  If the product doesn't satisfy, they take it back with a smile.
  • Lastly, get their rewards card.  Purchases add up fast and get you some goodies.
What I bought today.  Supergoop Setting Mist with Rosemary SPF 50.  I will use this intermittently throughout the day as I walk in the city....lunchtime and at 5:00 p.m.






And finally, the only reason I am aware of any of this is due to the fact that I work with young people.  People who are not locked into their Estee Lauder's and Chanel's, thankfully.  I like to squeeze every bit of information out of them that I can...



No comments:

Post a Comment