Sunday, February 7, 2016

A Mantra for Baby Boomers - Senior Discount Please?

Just getting back from one week vaca in Florida where I stay with my son.  Whenever I go to his house, I try to refresh things on one level or another.  So this time, it was towels for the bathrooms...his were tired, shredded and in general, a mess.  So off to TJMaxx I went, and as I was checking out on Monday, I heard the woman next to me say 'Senior discount'?  Well, with that I said the same and got a 10% discount on my items, which amounted to $10.  So I tried it everywhere.  No shame.  In the old days I would have scoffed at admitting it, but I am totally on board now.  Just think of all the money lost in the past, oh I don't know, 12 years because of vanity. 

Senior discount anyone?  Um, yes, please.  Hmmm, wonder if the liquor store has a Senior Discount.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment