Thursday, February 18, 2016

Finally, moving!

After living for almost 5 years in a dorm er noisy apartment, we have finally bitten the bullet and are moving to a condo.  We have been looking for a good 3 years, and in the part of the country where we want to be is difficult to say the least.  Anything, in the cute town of Newburyport, MA is old, quirky with all the nook and crannies, missing parking or A/C or heat or whatever.  My days of nooks and crannies are over with a capital O.  So we decided on a 5 year old condo in a smaller complex near our target of Newburyport.

So, my point of the story is, what will I bring to this new place?  I sold most of my things when we moved from our home.  Someone asked me that today, do I need to buy a ton of stuff?  I thought about it for a nanosecond and said, no.  Approaching 70 do I really need stuff?  No.  So we will move in, bed the bedrooms and simply furnish the living areas with what we have now and that will be it. Closets are large enough not to need any dressers.  I am so anti dresser at this point anyway.  Anything solid smells musty and pinches my fingers.  I have about 5 things on my list to buy.  I'm sure when I get in, it will be a bit different, but let's face it.  I am not 20.  Think about it, what do we need....Live life, simply.
                                             

NO!


Ah, when I think of all of our moves starting in our 20's in 1971 with Larchmont, NY to Columbus, Ohio to Acton, Ma to Ft Lauderdale, Fl back to Acton, Ma then to Waltham, Ma, and finally now to Ipswich, Ma. it's mind boggling..oh and dragging along all our 'antiques'.  Where did we get all that energy?  It's been a roller coaster that's for sure.  Up and down, up and down. And tomorrow my husband turns 70.  Well, that was fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment