Wednesday, May 11, 2016

It's Reunion Time Again!







It's that time of year, when we all say to ourselves, 'self,' do I want to do this.'  Well, my 50th High School Reunion is coming up this fall.  I am back and forth about it.  First of all, two of my friends are no longer with us.  It's so hard to believe..and who will I know, yada yada yada.


Anyway, when you have not seen people in that amount of time, what is there to say.  Everything and nothing.  Fortunately, with the internet, our high school has a website where you can say a bit about yourself and post a pic.  What to say? From which decade?  So I'm thinking here, how about making a little dialogue that encases all those years...or just tell them to read the book. (just kidding)  At the end of the day we are all just humans, with all the human frailties and issues.  I feel like most people think their life has been a bore, and who would want to really hear about it. 


This applies to someone you bump into and haven't seen in a while...'what's new, oh nothing'..I saw an old friend (actually my hairdresser from the 80's) and I posed this to her.  Why don't you tell me one thing about yourself and then I will take a turn..it turned out to be a fruitful and fun conversation. We both came away with a great appreciation of reacquainting.  But that would entail sitting there for one hour one on one.


So I'm thinking, make a short dialogue about yourself.  Ok, everyone gets that you have kids (or not), but what about YOU.  Tell me that.  Not so easy, right.  No one wants to note your jewelry, or see the car you drive.


Where do you live and where have you lived?  Where have you travelled?  Have you been well?  No, really.  Have YOU been well. Your family?  No, no, no, not that family, perhaps Mom and Dad you knew.


If I do go, it will be interesting...who will I know, who will I talk to?  See?  :)  Where is the corner, I want to go sit there.

No comments:

Post a Comment