Sunday, February 19, 2017

Cooking and Eating - Are We Becoming Complacent

Through the years, if you have been a cook as I believe we all were, pots and pans have grown old (like us) and sometimes tossed out for new ones.  I started with Revere Ware.  Guess what, it's still going strong (for 50 years).  Also, while shopping in NYC on Fifth Avenue in the 60's I saw that Georg Jensen (sidewalk sale) was selling pots and pans for $60 for all...that was a TON of $$ back then, but somehow I splurged.   Happy I did,  we are still using these pots and they will last past a lifetime.

Anyway, in between we have had pots and we have had pans.  We have had Teflon and cast iron (which I bought recently and am using at times)
So what I am getting at after all this is, are we staying green with this cookware or are we getting lazy and using just anything?  Teflon loaded food?  I am an Instagram user and follow @hfbyrne
Check it out.  She will guide us back to reality and to healthy food and cookware.  She also just started her own website PlantYourVoice.  Be an early follower, this chick is going places.  Oh, and she is my great niece too!




Oh and also by the way, Hannah guided us through IG to buy this green small frying pan.  Follow Hannah for healthy recipes/stories/living by a brilliant 24 year old soul!  




Georg Jensen dinner tonite!  Still ticking.  Husbands 71 birthday...um, he cooked this!  Be healthy, watch what you cook in and last but not least cook at home!

No comments:

Post a Comment