Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Baby Boomers and Diets...

And I don't mean eating less...although maybe I do.  I don't know about you, but I don't know if I can go on eating and buying meat.  It just seems so old fashioned to me...the menu's in restaurants and the meals I plan.  Again, there seems to be a seismic change in food in the US and possibly for the benefit of it's citizens. 


Get used to going to smaller markets with fresher, local foods (we hope) and Whole Foods.  I beg to differ but it is not Whole Paycheck as many folks think.  Unless you are buying from the wasteland that is the center of  a grocery chain, well then yes, it's expensive.  I call these pits in chains fake food.  Whenever I eat 'fake food' my body has a chat with me.  I notice that when my family does have meat as a centerpiece I take one bite and fill in the rest with vegetables.  Anyway, I believe the times they are achangin' food wise.


Below is a cool website that delivers food to your door if you can't get to the FRESH store.  I have heard good things...if not just for some new menus options, check it out.


https://www.purplecarrot.com/weekly-menu?plan=tb_12


PS if you have travelled to Europe you will notice a difference in their food....They have steep regulations.  The US does not.

No comments:

Post a Comment