Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Haircare - Gilt, Groupon and Yelp







For 30 years I have been going to the same hair stylist, who I love.  But now that I work in the city, and my hair is not a precision cut, I am trying out new stylists...There are so many to choose from on Newbury Street, Boston, and there is quite a competition for clients according to Gilt and Groupon.  So onward I go to try out more people. When I started chatting about this, apparently it's what lots of people do.  If you have a hairstyle that just needs a trim and a bit of layering, why not!?  Let's face it, $39.00 is a bit easier on the pocketbook that $100 per cut.  Also, at the end of the day, I ask you, I wonder why my hairstylist of decades never cut me a break?  Marketing!!  (I'm just a bit slow on the uptake)  What started me on the quest was the fact that one of my colleagues came in after going to one of the fancy salons on Newbury Street, (UM my place)  and since the hairstylist knew her sister, he told her he would cut her hair for the Groupon price.  What!!!!!  I quit right there and then (my hairdresser)







No comments:

Post a Comment