Seventy three years is a long time....many many decades. And you know what? I am starting to beleive that our diets need to change at this stage in life. We are not:
- Growing our bodies
- Growing babies
- Nursing babies
- and have been through menopause
During the pandemic I really abused myself with my eating...I'd say oh well, what else is there? Well, feeling good is number 1 on my list. This is what I have cut out of my diet....Opposite of the Food Pyramid. Turn the Food Pyramid on it's head.
Processed bread - I have lost a ton of weight
Potato Chips - NEVER (I'm addicted)
Sugar - watch it
Beef -have not liked beef in years...except for tenderloin or a burger once in a blue moon
Pork - same as beef
_____________________
Salmon - love it
Vegetables and Fruit eat an apple or tangerine almost nightly
I eat cheese every night.....no crackers though
Each am I drink tea with honey and egg white muffins along with oatmeal muffins during the week...weekends I eat regular eggs, bacon etc....anything other than with bread!
https://showmetheyummy.com/healthy-egg-muffin-cups/#recipe
Personally, I add every frozen veggie in my freezer along with shallots.
I also have one of these oatmeal muffins and I add 8oz of Almond milk instead of cow's milk. The Almond milk makes it soooooo very delish. (These milks come in 8 oz cartons) In addition I add ripe bananas/apples/raisins....any or all of these.....or whatever you personally like....
https://brendid.com/healthy-oatmeal-muffins-no-flour-no-sugar-no-oil/
______________________________________________________________
Never go out to lunch...have something simple at home
take a walk
dinner...........tonight chicken soup served over a bit of rice.
People keep asking why is my (their) stomach is paunchy....I say as a civilian, change what you eat. YOUR HEALTH IS YOUR WEALTH.
No comments:
Post a Comment